William R. Watt

giving some thought to going down the ramp with it as it would be easy
to lose control. Right now, I hold the tongue of the trailer with TWO
MiniCups on it and back it down the ramp by hand because the ramp has
such a serious dogleg that I cannot do it by truck. I actually do this
by myself although ti is kinda difficult, hence the dolly.

A sailing club I used to belong too sunk a chain into the ramp.
You might try running a line between the truck hitch and the trailer
tongue to use as a brake. Wrap it once around your body and ease it off as
you ease the trailer down the ramp. To get the loaded trailer up the ramp
the mainsheet and blocks from one of the boats would help. I've seen the
crank on the trailer used to wind it up the ramp. Attach the loose end to
the hitch on the truck.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm