Matt Colie

D&P
I don't remember specific models any more, but does it have a shift ?
If it does, look for and open the little door about half way done the
port side of the leg and take one of the screws out of the shift rod
coupling.
Some models also had a 5th screw at the front of the casing.
If it is sort of loose but won't separate at all, that is usually the
rubber bushings for the water tube that have adhered to the tube. This
can be a bear if the top one tears when you pull it apart.
I hope something here is a help.
Good luck
Matt Colie

wrote:
I have an older Evinrude 6Hp outboard model number 6602EE09200...i
think it is a 1966 model. I am trying to replace the waterpump as it has
stopped pumping water. When I remove the 4 bolts holding the foot on, it
doesn't pull off the lower unit. Is there something else I have to
release in order to remove the foot and get to the water pump? Any advce
would be appreciated.

Doug and Patty