Capt Frank Hopkins

Default 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke??

I absolutely agree. Isn't the 9.9 a twin cyl though?

CF
"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
ink.net...
My experiences are with a 4 HP Suzuki 4 stroke and a 4 HP Yamaha 2 stroke.

Both
vibrated like a chainsaw. The 9.9 HP Yamaha 4 stroke is a hell of a lot

better.
- I've run one of them, too.

Dan

Capt Frank Hopkins wrote:
Bad vaibes? You have a point, but the 4 stroke Yamaha has far less head
wagging then the 2 stroke. Suzuki's motors have even less then yammy's
offering and are less money. Tohatsu is an ok engine, but heavy and
sometimes hard to start and MUST have the waterpump impeller replaced

every
year.

Capt. Frank
"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
ink.net...

I would never buy a 1 cyl outboard of any type. The vibration will

drive

you nuts!

Dan

jeffo wrote:

Hello, Would a 6hp 4 stroke outboard (1 cyl) have equal or better
performance when compared to a 6hp 2 stroke (2 cyl) ? I'm replacing a

6hp

Yamaha on my Livingston 7.5 tender and was thinking of using a 6hp 4

stroke

Tohatsu.

Yamaha no longer makes the 6hp 2 stroke. Weight is a major concern.

The

Yamaha 8hp. 2 stroke is still available but about $300 more than the

6hp

Tohatsu 4 stroke so I'd go for the Tohatsu if perfomance were similar.

I want to get it right the first time.

Thanks
Jeff
Kalama, WA