MRusson

On 7 Sep 2005 22:04:46 -0700, wrote:

Remeber that all polyester resins are *not* very good adhesives, which
is primarily why early attempts to sheath wooden hulls with fiberglass
failed; ultimately the bond between the wood and the resin let loose,
water got to the wood and...

So: If you'll be laying-up a fiberglass hull and can stand the styrene
smell, Vinylester resin would be a sound choice, especially for
traditional e-glass materials.

Mike Worrall
Los Angeles

Mike,
Thanks a ton for your clarification. I was under the impression that
some claims were a bit far fetched. I will be glassing a wood hull in
this boat so it appears that epoxy will be the one to use. I will do
some price hunting and see what i can get. Thanks again for your
information.

M Russon