PocoLoco

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 13:50:50 GMT, "Butch Davis" wrote:

Seems to me to be a dreadful waste of resources to attempt to rebuild NO.
Especially in the existing location??? Typically, buildings soaked in flood
waters for weeks are not economically repairable. High rises being a
noteable exception. Imagine a home soaked to the ceiling in a soup of sea
water, sewage, oil, chemicals, dead bodies, etc. What could possibly be
salvaged from a home like that? Not a currently politically correct idea, I
know, but logic should prevail at least once every decade or so.

It's certainly necessary to have a port for the lower Mississippi River to
deal with cargo transfers from ocean going vessels to river going vessels
and vice versa. But can't we think of abetter location? Perhaps somewhere
a couple of feet above sea level?

Could Baton Rouge take over the function?

Nothing against NO and it was a fun and easy place to visit from Mobile but
it would be hard to find a much worse place for a city on the lower
Mississippi.

Butch

Before repairing a single window the levee situation for the entire area should
be rebuilt. (Heard that on 'Meet the Press') Sounds like a decent idea.

We should get the Dutch over here and redesign the entire area.
--
John H