RichG

Default Smart Trim Tabs by Nauticus

I frequent a number of boating groups... iboats; the hull truth; and Florida
Sportsman's boards.
All of them have had favorable things to say about Smart Tabs.

A mechanic who checked out the motor on my 16 Carolina Skiff raved about
their effect. He didn't even know what they were called. He just had them on
his OWN CS. He took me all the way out to the back of the boatyard to show
them to me and spell out their blessings. When we got to the boat, I knew
what they were, from reading the groups and doing a little investigating.

I haven't put them on either of my two little boats yet. One, an El
Pescador, already has fixed tabs and so far seems to get up on plane well
enough. I haven't had her in the water long enough to know yet. The 16
Carolina Skiff gets up pretty well by herself too, so I might not need them.
If I did, I'd surely consider them. Reasonable price and seemingly good
results. That's good!
RichG

"Capt. Jack" wrote in message
om...
I am getting ready to install trim tabs on my 18' flats boat when I found

an
article on the Nauticus Smart Tabs. I would be very interested in comments
from anyone with actual experience with these self adjusting tabs in lieu

of
the conventional hydraulic actuated tabs.

Thanks.
Jack