Mic

Humm....I usually dont even have Java Script turned on......and dont
use IM either.

Here is a quote from an issue regarding lectronic charts:

"I just wanted to drop you a note on your "chart software lockup." I
grew up on a boat and have sailed extensively. I have a Masters in
Computer Science and make my living developing software. Microsoft
Windows (NT, 95, 98, 2000) all use libraries called DLL's. A single
program might interact with 50, 100 DLL's. When the program gets
installed it looks at the DLL's on your system and copies in any
versions that it shipped with that are newer or that you do not have.
There is no guarantee that newer is better or that it is even
accurate. The software uses the "date" on the file to determine newer
but this date can be changed accidentally. When you install a second
program it will do the same with the DLL's. No guarantee that the
first and second program will even work with each other's DLL's. They
are likely to share some DLL's.

The net result is what we in the software industry call "DLL Rot".
Software quits working for inexplicable reasons and programs, which
used to work, crash. An example of DLL Rot is the computer that I am
sending this e-mail to you on. For some reason Microsoft's installer
program no longer works on this computer. I can't install Office 2000.
This is only a minor irritant to me because I have 9 computers in my
office that I use.

If I were to use a "charting" program I would install it onto a
computer preferably running Windows NT or 2000 and then NEVER EVER
EVER install another program on that computer.

Maybe this will help you or somebody else that you pass the
information on to."

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:32:24 -0400, Jon Gauthier
wrote:

Mic,

Familiarize yourself with RSS (Really Simple Syndication). You could
setup a web site, with a blog if you want for your own take on the
subjects you post here, and publish an RSS feed here in the newsgroup.
That would clear up the clutter that others are objecting to.

Mozilla Firefox makes it easy for even a sailor to subscribe to any RSS
feeds you might want to publish. MS is incorporating the same feature in
their new Internet Explorer v7, in beta now.