Mic

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 18:14:07 -0400, prodigal1 wrote:

johnhh wrote:
Just try to group them to reduce the number of posts.

********
why should he?

keep 'em coming Mic
unlike some, I read the ones I want and fresh new idea don't read the
ones that don't interest me/fresh new idea

Humm.... a novel concept, actually thats what I do also....

I have had sometime to think about it and if I group a number of posts
the issues become:

- the subject ie. the title of the post, and if the title doesnt
interest you then you may miss the other ones you might be interested
in, I like when it is specific and simple

- also the way this posts are archived would create an issue, yes in
many situations usenet posts are gathered and used for a website,
which is what Bill Dietrich did on his site and I know of others too.

- when each post has its own specific subject then any discussion is
related to that subject and the issues are less confusing or what have
you

- well if you do an advanced search on google under Mic in this NG and
the Subject title is specific then it is easier to retreive the URL or
discussion, which is what I have sort of done in certain instances

- there actually are some people who only have email and usenet access

- I have seen some of the URL's I post here show up regularly on
certain web sites - a good thing

- I think that posting to many subjects in one day may be more of an
issue. But you know when there are people who appreciate what you do
it really is an inspriation. Like say you are surfing and you see a
"wizard" idea regarding sailing, or a fantastic image of a boat, you
may have the instant inspiration to share that via usenet.

- Sailnet - the community was fantastic - and as a tech resource
generally - was unparalleled. That was the key to there success.

- A blog or URL page, well really it doesnt fit the purpose, which is:
some may have a different opinion than that in the provided link and
when on usenet it provides a relative instant feedback and discussion
forum - maybe yes, maybe no.

There are more reasons but these are just some of them....

Like the posting of the ": Hard Dodger - project home built" today I
saw an excellent simular posting of a forward hatch - home built and
exceptionally well done. I chosen to save it and maybe post it in the
future.

I think the answer is to limit the Info posting to 1 -3 a day when
and if I have time. I know the other day there were about 16 Sailing
info post. And believe it or not that took a few hours to do, from my
archives and checking the links, etc. So dont worry I wont have the
time to do that everyday :{