johnhh

Just try to group them to reduce the number of posts.

"Mic" wrote in message

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:24:33 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

Mic,

You have lots of great links and I've enjoyed many of them. However,
it's time for you to put them all on a single web page or start a
blog.

All the links provided are confirmed prior to posting. If you have
visited many "complation" sailing sites many, sometimes 30-40% links
are 404's. Many of them havent been updated in years....so a page or
blog doesnt interest me at this time.

The reason why I have posted the things I have is they tend to be the
kind of info. that many are seeking and some of it can be quite
obscure on the net. Or it is funny, entertaining or witty.

Also the info. on sailing that I post are also topics I am interested
in which I may or may not have an opinion. Clearly there are those
with opinions in this NG. I think it goes without saying that you
come to know those opinions that interest you and those that dont.
So the referenced URL's with tech or opinions are posted here either
to inform or create discussion.

Having to scroll through a whole page of Mic posts to get to
the other stuff here is getting tiresome. I don't want to have to
block you and miss the leads to the great stuff you've found.

Humm...Well the other day I posted quite a few URL links. Do I think
it was to many? No. The average email gets more spam per day...and
what I post, I do not consider spam and the appreciation I have
recieved has been an inspriation to "share the knowledge". Actually
I would like if others would post interesting links with maybe a
mini-review.

Generally I dont respond to "hostile" or annoying posts. Not that I
am suggesting that is the nature of your post. But seriously 'to have
to scroll through a "whole page" of mic post is getting tiresome' even
though it leads to great sailing info.? The number of links you have
to go through to try to find related material that you are searching
for, whether it be sailing or anything else actually works out to
being more time than reviewing the material itself, including all the
404's.

Please
have some consideration for others and how much screen space you are
taking up.

Humm....maybe I should have grouped some of the info. together more.
But much of what I have posted are links that I have stored and the
sailing info, been saved. For the purpose of placing them here I
revisted those sights to confirm the link and usually post a quote or
mini-review for the benefit of those here who value their time, which
actually is a lot of effort and time, but is also a good review of the
material for me too.

BTW all the electrons used in my usenet posts are "recycled".

Humm....I guess I will post considerably less, but with this message I
will start a new thread and collect some more opinions - its usenet
afterall... So far I have had more positive comments than anthing
else.

Above all dont view this response as negative or the like, so read it
with a smile - it will make a difference. And actually I should
thanks you for inspiring this post and hopefully some more discussion
or not.

Best wishes, Mic