RG

Default what is fiberform

"EH Townsend" wrote in message
om...
can anyone tell me what fiberform made their boats out of? is
fiberform a mixture of wood and fiberglass? I am talking to someone
that has a 77 28' cabin cruiser (fiberform) that told me he isnt sure
of the material its made of. I did a deja.com search ab out fiberform
but it seems the actual construction material isnt discussed. thanks
in advance for any help

Fiberform was simply the brand name, and was not indicative of the
manufacturing material. The boats were of traditional fiberglass
construction. My folks owned a new mid-70's 28 foot sedan cruiser with the
large flybridge that I had full access to in those days. The boat was
clearly a price point boat. Meaning that it was a whole lot of boat for the
money, but attention to detail and high quality construction was not part of
the mix. Comparable to a Bayliner. Ours was rigged with dual stations,
controlling twin 351 Fords driving Volvo outdrives. Probably due to its
lightweight construction, it hauled ass quite well for its size. Probably
put 500 hours on that boat covering every square inch of Lake Mead during
1974-1976. Fun times.