Roger Derby

Don't know what the numbers are for this case, but the Sunfish is a pretty
good boat, and with well over 500,000 kicking around, it's easy to find a
"class" race or a replacement part. Market timing???

What does the Starwing weigh? Every year some new graduate of our sailing
class would buy a ??? (Sunfish knockoff), sail it for the season, discover
that it weighed twice what the Sunfish did, and sell it. That particular
boat changed hands some six times in the four years I was sailing there. It
only looked like it would be competitive.

My fat belly meant that the 19 year olds would get up on a plane some ten or
twenty feet before I did and stay on for an additional distance when the
wind faltered. Of course they also could also hike out further and stay
there longer.

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm
"John Smith" wrote in message

Don't know why it (Starwing) was a failure; the
workmanship is very good..