Ed

I am not familiar with that switch but you can test it.... To switch
while the engine is running you need a MAKE BEFORE BREAK switch. Which
means that when you go from BAT 1 to BOTH, you never loose connection as
well as from BOTH to Bat 2. Just connect a volt meter to it and turn
the switch SLOWLY and see if you loose voltage. (Analog meter is better
if you have one)

LD wrote:

I'm running two batteries with a switch (Atwood) which has connectors for
the Field from an alternator. I was led to believe that by connecting these
two small terminals to the proper wires I could switch batteries in mid
stream. Questions: 1. Why does this switch have printed (molded) "do not
switch with engine running"? 2. I have a 200 Merc 2 stroke which has no
alternator, rather a "rectifier" for the charging circuit. Is there a
procedure to hook this up and be able to switch batteries while engine is
running?
LD