Garth Almgren

Around 8/18/2005 2:11 PM, wrote:

Boaters leaving Puget Sound and taking the Swinomish Channel from
Skagit Bay have a fairly well protected run all the way to Nanaimo.
(Rosario Strait and the short hop from Stuart Island to South Pender or
so notwhithstanding).

Considering I've traveled nearly the same route (usually ending up at
Telegraph Harbour on Thetis Is.) almost every year for the last 8 or so
years in a 14' open runabout, I'd have to agree that it is indeed "a
fairly well protected run"...

Shhhh! It's a NW secret. :-)

Bah - Don't go telling our secrets!

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing