Robert or Karen Swarts

Just for the record, Jim, the can is labeled Epoxy Barrier-Kote. And the
catalog describes is as suitable for above or below water applications. The
directions also state that it must be thinned.

Thanks for your thoughts.

BS

"Jim Conlin" wrote in message
Interlux 404/414 is not a barrier coat. It's a sandable primer whose
function is to provide a tie coat between sime substrate and an impervious
finish coat such as an LPU paint. If applied as directed, it's just
loaded
with expensive solvents and is consequently pretty porous. Useless under
bottom paint. If you are using it as a primer under finish paint and not
under bottom paint, go for it. I'd try acetone. Let us know your result.

"Robert or Karen Swarts" wrote in message
Can I successfully use acetone to thin epoxy barrier coats? I am thinking

of
Interlux 404/414 in particular, but the question is also a general one.

I am aware that there are proprietary products for this application, but
need to paint tomorrow morning, and the nearest dealer is about 60 miles
away.

Bob Swarts