Muzz

Default Water Lovers ?

Hi, I have just been looking into getting into kayaking, I live in the
Highlands and like cycling and hillwalking. I am not a big fan of water
sports or swimming but a few years ago I did a kayaking course in a local
pool and a trip to Gairloch kayaking in the sea for a day. Although I
enjoyed it I never got around to doing anymore. I still don't like swimming
( I am not a good swimmer ) but would like to do some more kayaking.
As I checked the Scottish Canoe Association website I let out a Homer
Simpson type "Doh" when I read this.
Love the water
Preferably you should be able to swim 50 metres fully clothed. Although
canoeing is carried out on the water and not in it, most people are
attracted to canoeing by a love of water.

Do I need to get into swimming first ?

--
Muzz
send mail to