Jere Lull

In article ,
"dpf" wrote:

The alloy fuel shutting valve, operated from the outboard front through a
small shaft is placed under the engine incorporated fuel deposit and has
completely fractured.
Until I get proper Yamaha assistence is there any hint for a "serious"
provisional repair?

If it's what I think it is, you can simply replace the valve with a
proper-size connector of about the same length. I'd probably use an
in-line fuel filter since extra filters don't hurt.

Just make sure that either you drain/disconnect fuel each time or that
having no shut off won't cause other problems (like fires or explosions).

You may even be able to find the proper valve at the auto parts store.
Unmount it and take it along with you. You might have to switch a
special knob from old to new, but that's a 5 minute job with the proper
tool(s).

--
Jere Lull