Jonathan

Sounds like you will be sailing with a single, if not a double reef, all
the time. Not too bad when the wind is 25+ kts, but what about the rest
of the time? I'm too lazy to calculate the loss of sail area, but it
seems to be pretty substantial.

Sometimes boatyards dispose of a hull and forget, or just leave the rigs
in their storage areas, have you checked with every one in your area?

Good luck,

Jonathan

Brian Whatcott wrote:

My sons bought me a SouthCoast 22 hull at a bargain.
Sails yes - boom and mast no.

The mast is supposed to be 23 ft. the mast 9 ft.

So I started looking - but they seem to run $500 on up -
and this is a shoestring project
(Yes, I know you've heard it all before about shoestrings....)

So the closest value I have seen is a 19 ft mast with an 8ft 6 in
boom.

I keep telling myself I can bill it as my heavy weather special.

Thoughts?

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

--
I am building a Dudley Dix, Argie 10 for my daughter. Check it out:
http://home.comcast.net/~jonsailr