Lew Hodgett

jds wrote:
well, call me an old fart then. if someone is too damn lazy to learn code,
let em be limited to a technician. i use cw 99% of the time. try talking to
some guy in italy that doesnt speak english any better than i speak italian,
add accent= wtf did he say??? an "a" is .- in any language. jeez , 5wpm is a
real obsticle?? i could copy 10 before i even attempted my novice test.
j.d. kc7mpd

Sounds like a merit badge you have to learn to enter the club.

Bet you still have your Capt'n Midnight decoder ring.

Seriously, if you choose to use code, so be it.

I have better things to do with my time than learning to use a totally
dead language.

I'm not interested in ham radio as a hobby, I already have too many.

For me is it strictly a communication tool when I'm on then water.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Want to make ham radio a PITA to use, be my guest, there are other options.

Lew