Douglas St. Clair

Default Engine Tag Identification / Location

OK- I have two metal tags that are ID tags for my engine or some component
of the engine...
http://www.thedougout.com/engtags.jpg

The top one was attached to a carb bolt - I'm guessing not the original
location. I have no idea where the bottom one was attached to.

Curious - does anybody know what these tags identify, and where they would
originally have been mounted? The engine is a 68 Ford 427, Rated 300 HP, so
I assume the top tag is the ID and serial number for the engine itself. The
boat is a 1970 Century Resorter, which may jive with the numbers on the
bottom tag (427 70 12 = December 1970??).

Thanks!