Roger Derby

Maybe I'm confused, or maybe I'm using dated information. Checking
http://www.clarkcraft.com/fiberglasscovering.php3 they say that their
roving may be used for either, although it's designed for polyester. Then
again, they mention "Epoxy-Plus" resin which may not be the same stuff as
West or System Three's product.

From Wikipedia:
"In the continuous filament process, after the fiber is drawn, a size is
applied. This size helps protect the fiber as is wound onto a bobbin. The
particular size applied relates to end-use. While some sizes are processing
aids, others make the fiber have an affinity for a certain resin, if the
fiber is to be used in a composite (Lubin, 100). Size is usually added at
0.5 -2.0% by weight. Winding then takes place at around 1000 m/min (Gupta,
544)."

It's the "size" (or sizing") that makes the difference

I would make sure the roving vendor states that it is OK for use with epoxy.

Roger (Don't you find it uses a lot of that expensive glop?)

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm
"mickey" wrote in message
oups.com...
Please expand on the comment that roving is not for use with epoxy.
I've not heard this before. Mat, on the other hand, should not be used
with epoxy.