Larry wrote:

The solar store also makes an interesting statement:

"Hydrocaps will not last forever, though - life will vary from 2 years to 8
years, depending on charge rates and how they are treated. If left on
during battery equalization, they can be quickly used up and/or ruined."

Notice how it also tells you about combining O2 and H2 recovering water,
but says nothing about what the effect of acid ingestion into the cap
causes.

The sales site I read did - it said if you slop electrolyte up into 'em
you'll puke 'em. These fans *have* to be talking about their dock
condos & fla****er party platforms, yes? Unless the catalyst got
pooped early on & the cap design happens to hold & recondense water
droplets better that other caps. When the batteries are kept too full,
by the way. ;-)

I can also attest that I once destroyed my shoreside house bank by
subjecting it to a nice/new/expensive/famous 24/7/365 4-stage autofloat
marine charger, these things float too high and programmed-stepping PWM
switching is NOT the be-all/end-all of battery care. It is only the
be-all of profits in the battery care product biz. IMHO & 40+yrsE the
best battery bank condition & longest life is only obtained by having
it owned or maintained by an intelligent, not-lazy person with a
hydrometer, distillate & ordinary charging equipment. And yes, people
have been parallel charging unequal banks for generations, do ya think?

But then, we just can't open up that whole can of worms with its costly
& arcane electronic monitoring panels to play with, and the
highly-analyzed system specs which are accurately approximate but
worshipped, right? It would be very unpopular, and the Model M Poppin'
Johnny also DOES drive much better with an ECM & emission controls
backfitted too, yes?

IMHO the true joke, is that the people have lost sight of where higher
technology is precious vs where it is unnecessary garbage that
subtracts from results & provides illusions.

"Honey, how many amp-hours are left (or lying to us again) on the Link
2000?"barf. :-)

- f.