Lynn Coffelt

"Doug" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Lynn Coffelt" wrote in message
Having the right test equipment is essential in working in
the Marine Electronics Field.....

Hmmmm......... The guys that showed me the ropes used a Simpson 260 with

battered leather case, an earphone and a wet finger. (Oh, yeah, as you
mentioned, an NE-2 taped to the end of a diddle stick)
Old Chief Lynn, Anacortes Marine Electronics (for 20 years)

I learned it with two fingers and the length/color of the arc.
Old Senior Chief Doug

Oh, Wow! Doug, that technique was never taught at this outpost. But
studying, with crossed eyes, the arc reaching the tip of one's nose was
instructional.

Jerry Writer told me that you could count the number of "real" radar
techs on the West Coast on the fingers of one hand. Jim Manwaring was one of
them, were you one of the others?

Old Chief Lynn