Peter Bennett

On 20 Jul 2005 05:17:38 -0700, "beaufortnc"
wrote:

My house bank is six 220 amphour 6 volt golf carts wired into a 12 volt
system.

I have a perfect place for another battery, but two golf carts won't
fit there. I can however, fit a good size 12 volt deep cycle there.

Do you see any harm in wiring a 12 volt battery into the system?

In other words, mixing the 2 x 6 =12 volts with a 12 volt.

Thanks,

Mike.

Although it is generally recommended that all batteries in a battery
bank should be identical, I don't think you'll have any problems, as
long as the new batttery is a flooded deep cycle battery - AGM and
Gell Cells have slightly different charging characteristics, so
shouldn't be mixed with flooded batteries.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca