Geoff Schultz

"Alberto \(Tilax\)" wrote in
:

I'm italian and by the first days of august I'll be in the Grenadines
islands for sailing.
Here we do use VHF channels known as 'International channels'.. don't
know if in the Grenadines area I'll need USA Channels or International
Channels.

Sure I know that musch part of them are the same but I don't want to
be there with a VHF pocket radio with just few working channels.

Thanks for helping.

Alberto.-

The real answer is it depends upon who you want to talk to and where they
got their radio from. US boats will probably use US frequencies and
foreign boats may be on either. Simply avoid those frequencies which are
different and there shouldn't be any problems. 16 will be your hailing
frequency, so when someone suggests that you move to a different frequency,
make sure that it's one that is the same between U/I/C.

-- Geoff