Woodchuck

Since you have very little knowledge I suggest taking it to a marine dealer!
"SJ" wrote in message ...
Got a 21" SeaRay with a 5.7L 260hp mercruiser. It's run fine all year at least 25 hours, even without a tune-up this year. I try to sell it today and the guy takes it out and it nearly need towed back in. It idles ok, but when engaged in gear, bogs down and stalls if you don't give it nearly Full throttle right off the bat. Tried new gas but not dry gas. I know it has a Water/Fuel filter on the front right of the motor. I haven't even looked at it yet really, but I'll change the plugs and look at the distributor. Does it have a separate fuel filter? Any advice for this total moron would be highly appreciated because the guy wants to buy the boat if the problem isn't major. Thanks, Scott