Stuart

"Lindsay" wrote in message

Radio Scotland is fine when you don't have access to a computer but
their service isn't that reliable firstly because they change the
timings to suit any programme change or it is on FM and not MW or vice
versa. Try finding a forecast on Sunday evening there is none.

Agreed, annoying to have to switch furiously between FM and AM just before
7pm in hope that you get the right station. But if you are away from home
and unable to get online, it is the only hill forcast going!

It is sometimes available on a Sunday! I once accidently heard it on the
radio at 10pm .....3 hours late!

I also suspect that the morning forecast on Saturday and Sunday is a
repeat of what they say the evening before. I say that because one
evening I listened to the forecast and they made an error. The same
error was repeated in the morning forecast so they are just reading
from a script which they are not updating regularly. I think they
would rather we paid for this service. Not much change when there are
free sites on the internet like Geoff Monks.

I would say that on average the forecast is 50% correct which obviously
means that they are wrong 50% of the time although never counted.

Thhey are much better than that, even I can achieve much better than 50%

Lindsay
www.caledoniahilltreks.com