Armond Perretta

duink wrote:
wrote:
can anyone bring us upto date on anchoring in miami. the city was to
vote on banning anchoring and the installation of mooring balls.
would appreciate it if someone could up date the cruising community.
cheers colin.

On May 18, the law was passed to allow only seven days anchoring in
Miami. See the following link for a map of the area affected,
updates, and complete wording of the law.

http://www.southwindssailing.com/res...rordinance.htm

I tried reading the map at the url listed, but frankly ran out of patience.
Although it's been a while since I visited, we were able to anchor at the
Miami "Bowl" (not exactly sure of the name, but it's some sort of marine
stadium). No problem, if you don't mind jet skis. Simplest is to head
south of Miami where you will usually find several quieter and safer spots.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat