Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Dave wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:18:16 GMT, "MMC" said:

No kidding, does the main know or care the luff length of the foresail
that's not up?

That's a bit disingenuous. His argument is that the main is further forward,
giving better balance when sailing under main alone. Whether the argument is
valid of not, deal with that argument not a straw man.

Davey, the fact is that there is no material difference between
sailing under a masthead rig or a fractional rig on main alone. I have
not observed any difference in balance, and I've sailed on both kinds
of boats many, many times. The only thing that's disingenous is your
claim of understanding of the situation when you have no
understanding.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com