Larry

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in
:

Having used one, I prefer the laptop, but Yeoman has it's followers who
won't use anything else..

We use The Cap'n on the notebook for main navigation and planning. The
Yeoman was "saved" by me from the dumpster. My captain left it in his
pickup truck in Atlanta in August and melted all the hotglue from the Sport
XL. It was a real mess. I saved the electronics out of it and junked the
foam pad. I cleaned the glue off with acetone then attached the big PC
board (and the daughter board with its main computer on it) to the bottom
of Amel's mahogany chart table lid. It was a near perfect fit. I used
50#/inch double sided industrial tape...two full-length strips. The puck
cable just comes out the space where the lid meets the bottom when the
Yeoman is in use. The puck stores inside, wire and all, when not in use.
You'd never know looking at the chart table the Yeoman even existed unless
you open the table lid and see the electronics under it.

The Yeoman's signal has no trouble at all reaching through a half inch of
mahogany and the whole Maptech chart book folded up so the chart we want is
on top against the fiddles. On the chart, we lay a clear plastic sheet for
drawing on with a marker. No chart book to clean off.... The puck on top
of the plastic sheet works really great.

--
Larry

This jerk called my cellphone and was nasty.
Continental Warranty -- MCG Enterprises -- Mepco-
24955 Pacific Coast HWY Suite C303
Malibu California 90265
888-244-0925
Fax: 310-456-8844