Shortwave Sportfishing

Default Old dog, new trick

Took the Ranger out this morning up to Webster Lake for some
largemouth fishing. Did ok, but nothing spectacular, until...

a guy in another Ranger came over and we got to chatting about my boat
(he had never seen one) and I noticed that he had a couple of rods
rigged wacky worm style with Senkos.

Hmmm - I've never tried that particular rigging method with a plastic
worm, I thought. What the hell - give it a go.

I swear this is true - 14 fish later, everything from 1 to 6 pound
large and smallmouth bass in the space of an hour and a half. I
couldn't miss. I even caught fish on those stupid looking bubblegum
colored Senkos which is what I caught the 6 lb largemouth on.

Great morning on the water - had a blast, used a new rigging method -
can't beat it.