Rod McInnis

Default Starting a new newsgroup?

"noah" wrote in message

I don't know "who" you are Rod, but you have it right. Mostly.

I have been an active participant in rec.boats since '92. As I said before,
I was part of the committee that created rec.boats.sailing and
rec.boats.cruising.

Once a group is established, it will not be changed to "moderated".

It is possible, but very unlikely. When a group is first proposed, the
controversy of moderation is often enough to prevent its creation. Once a
group has been established, changing its charter would be monumentally more
difficult.

New groups can be formed,
but you'd better have a damned good reason, and a lot of support.

Yep.

Rod McInnis