pete

Thanks guys,

all very helpful, and I suppose I should have just gone and had a look
at the formica site myself.

Damn shame about the plywood recommendations; I'm laminating a
bulkhead for the heads and I wanted a smooth light cleanable finish as
there is not much light in that area. Still, I'm going to take a
chance on that.

As for contact adhesive, I stopped using that stuff about twenty years
ago because it is slow and dirty to use, and doesn't bond as well as
PVA glues anyway. PVA would not be any use in this situation .

Interesting about the grain, I never knew about that and I have been
using the stuff for years

Thanks again

pete