Skip Gundlach

Hi, Norm, and thanks for the comments.

I believe our use will be very light to the purpose. The current will
be quite small, and the frequency of operation, likewise relatively
small.

In any case, with screw-terminal connections, at $1.99, I can afford to
(easily) replace one if it fails. There are none in any critical
application considered. None will be difficult to access, as they're
surface mounts.

OTOH, having had a background consulting with/to the security alarm
business for some years long ago, I saw that the the 1/4 inch
drill-mount reeds were sometimes prone to failure, and, of course, very
much more difficult to replace. That led to the development of
nickel-sized screw-in tops, so that the switch could be pulled out and
replaced, later.

As with all of my refit, I'll eventually be reporting on my success or
failure with these.

Right now, we're enjoying a band relief, having had a dose of Dennis
this afternoon with winds to 40 knots+, and lots of rain. Then,
clearing, but continued howling of distant halyards and shrouds,
followed in about an hour by another heavy dose of rain, straight down
that time. It's not raining any more, and winds are light.

However, I'm expecting some heavy weather before long, which will be a
good test of all the rebedding we've done. So far, all the rain in the
last few weeks I've been aboard has been uneventful - but it didn't
have much wind with it...

L8R

Skip, refitting as fast as I can!

Posting from Googlegroups since I can't get to my newsgroups while wifi
surfing!

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig
http://tinyurl.com/384p2 - The vessel as Tehamana, as we bought her

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain