Jere Lull

In article .com,
wrote:

Situ: 6T full keel ketch with fouled or damaged mizzen halyard sheave,
air draft of main 50', same of mizzen approx 40'. I wish to incline
her alongside a high pier, for obvious reasons. I have done this with
a smaller sloop using a convenient mainmast halyard, but feel in this
situ that risks jamming another halyard (pulling it hard athwartships
off its sheave & creating 2 problems instead of solving one). There is
no spinnaker or other external-blocked halyard suitable for this.

If anyone has done this (only if you have, please!), I could use a
proven/practical rigging suggestion.

FWIW going aloft on the mizzen isn't an option view only a light
topping lift is available there.

Frank

Dock mates used a household ladder to get up their mast.

--
Jere Lull
Xan's Pages: