Brian Nystrom

DSK wrote:
wrote:

Do not use it. DO NOT USE IT. I used it for my two MiniCups and now
regret it. It has no strength in gap filling.

Well, sure. That's one of the really great things about epoxy & fillers.
Of course, it means old-time precision ship carpentry is a thing of the
past, but we don't need it.

I have used Gorilla Glue to repair chairs and within a month they
needed to be repaired again. I then used epoxy and they are solid
months later.

I wonder if Gorilla Glue has a very low number of fatigue cycles to
failure. Another amazing thing about epoxy!

In an appropriate application, either one is stonger than the
surrounding wood. The concept of fatigue cycles doesn't even apply,
since the weak link is the wood, not the adhesive.

Don't misunderstand and think that I have something against epoxy or
that I'm claiming that PU glue is a viable substitute for it in every
application. That's not true at all. I just don't like seeing a good
product get maligned because someone used it improperly and got a bad
result.