gaffcat

I had the same problem and I borrowed a diesel/kerosene heater, the
type that makes a lot of noise and blows very hot air horizontally and
are often seen on construction sites in cold areas. They also are made
for lp gas. I am sure you can rent one. Just direct the heat at the
drum and maybe turn it a couple times, worked great for me.

Evan Gatehouse wrote:
My drum of epoxy has partially crystallized - blame a cold
spring. Any suggestions on how to warm up ~200 lbs of epoxy
+ drum short of purchasing a drum heater??

I've thought of just painting it black and leaving it in the
sun but this year we've had only a few days above 20=B0C
(~72F) and I need to get the drum up to 120=B0F for a few
hours to melt it all again.

I've also got a small 1500W electric heater that I keep
pointed right at the drum, which seems to melt a bit as I am
using it, but I am beginning to think I'm getting behind the
melting rate!

I also have a 50,000 BTU Propane Heater that I can use in
the garage space I am borrowing, but no easy way to direct
it toward the drum (it mostly vents upwards like a kerosene
heater).
=20
Thanks, etc.
=20