Mac

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 10:16:49 +0000, Brian Nystrom wrote:

Mac wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:01:18 -0700, dbohara wrote:

Wrap an electric blanket around the drum on "HI". Wrap another blanket
round that to hold heat in.

Monitor the temperature inside the blanket tent to make sure it doesn't
get too high. It would be a shame if the blankets caught on fire, and a
tragedy if you burned down a house.

Electric blankets don't get that hot. Otherwise, you'd have millions of
people burning in their beds.

Makes sense. Where I live, electric blankets are not necessary, so my
experience is limited. I was thinking that when they get hot, the people
just turn them down or off. But I guess they must have some kind of
thermostat or something?

Still, for process control purposes, the OP should keep an eye on the
interior temperature somehow, if possible. After all, he said 120 F for a
few hours, so he'll want to know when the temp passes 120. I imagine a
radio shack remote sensing thermometer could do this.

--Mac