Gogarty

In article om,
says...

I'm not so sure about that - I've been in contact with Angel (a guy,
, 203-458-6200) at Lewmar about my antique Lewmar 1000
windlass challenges.

While mine is well out of production, he's sending me blowups of the
parts list in the event I can find any I might need. However, he sez
they've long stopped making them. Also, however, browsing through the
various current windlasses, I've found several instances of lookalikes,
so perhaps there's hope, there.

Anyway, give him a shout/email.

Thanks for the tip, but the problem is solved. Took it to a local auto
electric shop. They fixed it within an hour. Not cheap, though. $225 for
brushes and a paint job?