I guess there was a simple solution all along. :-)
But it looks like this will be top posted, and the entire original text
will reappear. That can't be too good....

Garth Almgren wrote:
Around 6/27/2005 7:10 PM, wrote:

When AOL dumped NG's, this Google group thing took its place. I think
the problem is that Google relies on different colors of text to
differentiate between what various people posted, and not all NG
readers are picking up the color differences.

The real problem is that darn quick reply. It may work OK for
Google-only groups, but it just messes everything up for everyone who
doesn't use Google to access USENET.

I usually insert a row of asterisks ************ between anything I
quote and a response, if that helps at all.

Replying properly using the new Google Groups, in three easy
(pictorial!) steps:

1)
http://tinypic.com/6ghcih.gif
2) http://tinypic.com/6ghcmt.gif
3) http://tinypic.com/6ghcnb.gif
(Ain't MSPaint great?)

Have fun!

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing