retiredrookie

Default A real rookie with questions

Hi Folks,

This is my first post, and I'm looking for help. I'm retired, know very
little about boats in general, and I'm considering buying a used
pontoon boat for use in a 100 acre lake near the Ohio/Indiana line. The
boat will be used for fishing, and just relaxing with friends and
family. I've never even been on a pontoon, but they look like they will
do the trick for me. I'm aware of the speed issues, but 10 - 20 mph is
enough for us, and I probably won't need to trailer the boat. Could you
give me suggestions on what to look for in a used pontoon boat? Also,
the pros and cons of a pontoon boat would be helpful. All replies are
greatly appreciated. Any helpful websites??

retiredrookie