Jere Lull

In article ,
Dave wrote:

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:05:31 -0400, Jeff said:

so it sits over the winter with clean oil. The result of
all this for me is one change in the spring after launch, an usually
one in the fall when I return from my last trip.

Let me get this straight. You put in that nice clean oil in the fall, and
then drain that nice clean oil and replace it in the spring? What am I
missing here?

Among the other things that were mentioned, it also serves as a bit of a
"flush". Not all the crud comes out on the first oil change.

I alter things a bit: I change the oil as I winterize the boat, then
after I've run the engine for a few hours in the spring, to get more
dirt out of the sump and suspended in the oil.

--
Jere Lull