John Jay

Gene,
I assume you mean seal the bottom with an epoxy paint. This is a great way
to minimize blisters. If the boat stays in the water, I would do this even
if I knew what the original bottom paint was.

http://www.yachtpaint.com/usa/

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:01:38 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

Find out what the previous owner used. Not all bottom paints are
compatible
and unless you remove all the previous coats completely you may run into a
problem.

And.... if you find that you must remove all of the previous coats,
you should seal the bottom in accordance with the manufacturer of the
new paint's instructions.