DSK

ct kid wrote:
I forgot to mention that the tabernacle (I now know the part name) was
damaged due to "pilot error". He was transporting his trailored
sailboat and "forgot" that a new over-head power line was installed,
since he last transported his boat. When his erect mass hit the power
line, the power line won and his tabernacle fractured. There is no
other physical damage to the mast, merely a clean fracture at the
tabernacle.

He's lucky then. I haven't done this myself (more due to luck than
diligence, but I try) but have had a number of friends damage their
boats this way. Overhanging tree branches are a PITA too. Usually some
part of the rigging also breaks, or fails to break soon enough, cleanly
enough, and yanks the boat off the trailer. Big ouchy.

I am sure he will find the links and info you, and others provided, to
be most helpful.

Hope so... good luck getting sailing again soon.

.... Myself, it nice to see a Usenet site not composed of
flamers -- when one may have inadvertently violated a group charter.

Actually, that's what this place is for, when the political flaming dies
down enough.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King