Bowgus

Hmmm ... I would think only the alternator (diodes) would be fried ... and
nothing else.

"Dwayne S. Byrd" wrote in message
I can't believe how stupid I am, but after installing a new battery in
my 2001 Stingray 190FX I/O, I actually hooked it up backwards.
Needless to say, the electrical system is dead. Tested and replaced
several fuses. The power tilt and trim still works, but I believe
this is because it has it's own connection to the battery.

Everything else is dead- ignition, blower, bildge, etc.

It's at the shop now, but in the meantime, any ideas on what all could
be fried?

And no, I hadn't even had a drink yet when it happened. Wish I had,
because at least I could have blamed it on that.