Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Trailer - Telescoping or Fold Away tongue?

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:58:40 -0500, "Gary Warner"
wrote:

Tom & Rob -

Thanks for answering (and going out to take pictures). Yep, I guess a
flex hose or disconnects would work.

Trailer is hydraulic surge atucated disc.

Well, if that's the case, I have some advice based on experience.
Keep a couple of brackets handy so you can mechanically lock
the surge actuator in the open position. If I had a dime for
everytime that damn actuator hung up, or the pressure relief solenoid
worked by the backup brake light because of a corroded ground (and it
doesn't take much - trust me) I'd have at least twenty bucks.
Mechanically, the actuator will hang when you turn while backing up -
it almost never happens straight line. The electrical thing is just a
eyeball maintenance thing.

The other thing is watch the fluid reservoir. I don't know if it's
these Buddy Brakes or not, but by the end of the season, I need to put
new fluid in because the old fluid turns black and is obviously
contaminated.

Just my experience with the brakes. ;)

Later,

Tom