JG

"jeannette" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 07:04:30 GMT, 5200 wrote:

Thanks everyone. You have to do paperwork BEFORE entering Mexico? I
thought you just hoisted your yellow flag and checked in at Ensenada
and they permitted your itinerary there? I've always trailered down
but am fitting my first sort-of-real boat this summer. Thanks again.

You don't have anything to do in San Diego. Some people like to stop
there to get an FMT and their fishing licenses. You can do all that in
Ensenada. They have this new system now next to the port where
everything is in the same office. You get the FMt, pay at the bank
window. Very efficient and fast. I was there a month ago.

The 'Baja Haha' starts in San Diego and since they don't stop in
Ensenada they like to get their fishing licenses in San Diego so they
can fish on the way down.

Jeannette
aa6jh
Bristol 32, Puerto Escondido, Mexico
http://www.eblw.com/contepartiro/contepartiro.html

My understanding is that you now only have to check in one time in Mexico.
After that, you just need to inform the harbor master when leaving or if
there are any crew changes. Things are getting better... no more huge fees
over and over.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com