Brian D

Default Doel-Fin or ???

Hi,

My son has a 14' light weight wooden skiff that is designed to be a
compromise between good rowing and good motoring. The bottom of the boat has
a bit of rocker to it, but not nearly so much as a drift boat. Regardless,
it points it's bow up nice and high when underway with our 6-horse. The boat
just settles on it's stern and off it goes ...but the visibility isn't so
hot if you happen to be the one with the tiller in your hand.

I'm considering a Doel-Fin, or similar, gizmo to put on the anti-cav plate,
hoping it'll help hold the bow down a bit more. The motor is already tucked
in as far as it'll go, so I want to try something more now. Which of the
Doel-Fin type gizmos is best for a slower boat like this for holding the bow
down more?? It's a different need than say, a ski boat that porpoises or
something. We just don't want to run over any more logs (or people or other
boats) than we have to in the local lakes and bays, and it'd help make the
crab pot buoys easier to spot too...

Thx,
Brian

http://www.reelboats.com
Failing to Plan is the same as Planning to Fail