Mic

Default Anti=fouling cayenne pepper

Something I found on a web page thought it might be of interest...has
anyone tried this?

"
From: John Rose Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 To:
Subject: Antifouling Boat Paints

A local fisherman's and yachtsman's practice in the Pacific NW
is to add cayenne pepper to anti-fouling paint, Keeps slime and other
stuff from fouling the bottom. Add about 1/2 cup per gal. of paint.
Mix right in with the paint before roller application to bottom of
boat. It really works according to those who have tried it, and also
boatyard employees. We recently did the bottom of a Santana 525 with
this method. We used Pettit Trinidad SR bottom paint.

John Rose
Tacoma, WA"