Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Sat, 07 May 2005 15:33:47 -0400, Gogarty
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Bill & Mary sed:

We'll be cruising north from the Chesapeake and up the Hudson this
summer. My brother is going to join us for the atlatic leg and will
disembark once we get to New York Harbor. I'd like for him to be
onboard as we cruise past the Statue of Liberty, and then we'll be
looking for a marina with convenient mass transet to either JFK or La
Guardia. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Just noticed that Newark Intl Airport should be pretty convenient ...

You are better off dropping him on the New Jersey side. There are several
marinas there. Newark airport is well served by mass transit. LaGuardia
and JFK are not despite the new airtrain at JFK. There are marinas on the
Manhattan side too but they are less than transient friendly. We had a
very hard time putting a passenger ashore at 79th Street Boat Basin once
and I understand that the commercial marinas down around Chelsea (23rd
Street) charge an arm and a leg just for dropping a passenger.

This is correct. The PATH train that stops at Newport Marina goes to
Newark in the other direction, with a change at Journal Square. From
Newark Penn Station there is a train to the Newark airport.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

"If Brecht had directed 'Waiting for Godot,' he would have hung a large sign at the back of the stage reading 'He's not going to come, you know. ' " -- Terry Eagleton