William R. Watt

"wtf" ) writes:
wrote:
I am very sorry I used bathroom underlayment for my two MiniCups. It
is such poor quality material that now I am covering the boats with
fiberglass. I highly reccomend that builders use a higher quality
material.

That's why I get so ****ed when I see William teling everyone who will
listen that cheap **** material is worth using... Sorry you had to
learn the hard way. Personally I think his ill advice has probably done
more damage to builders and their projects than the dreaded Dutch
honeycomb builder...
Scotty

Use what meets your requriement. I've got good value and much enjoyment
out of the boats I've made from lauan underlayment. I've used but don't
recommend virola underlayment unless you can tolerate a high degreee of
maintenance for the lighter weight and tighter bending radius.

Design (scantlings) and workmanship matter as much as materials for
durability.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm